Re: [rdiff-backup-users] problems backing up to smbmounted dir

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] problems backing up to smbmounted dir
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 17:33:25 +1000

dean gaudet wrote:
i wonder what it's trying to fsync... i suppose we could ignore an error there, but you'd probably run into more problems.

I thought fsync didn't work on windows file systems at all. - this means smbfs, cifs and cygwin. I think your patch might help, but I would like to eventually see rdiff-backup have full support for writing to windows filesystem. I am not sure what is involved fully, but one day I will get one of my guys to take a look.

dave