Re: [rdiff-backup-users] tape drives

From: Fran Firman
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] tape drives
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 16:27:59 +1200

We use Ultrium tapes. At the moment we have the Ultrium 2 drives and tapes which hold 200G native. There is now a 400G native tape.

Have a look at http://www.ultriumlto.com/

It cost us approx $9000 NZ for the external tape drive. -> http://www.ultriumlto.com/certance/cl400lw2u-ss.htm

Enjoy

Fran

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 16:09 -0400, Susanne Hemker wrote:
Hi all,
I am looking for a new tape drive for backups and couldn't find any
good reviews online. Could anyone suggest a good drive for a regular
backup of a ~800GB partition? Up to now we had DLT drive using 80GB
tapes, but we  are looking for a large capacity drive. Since I have no
experience with LTO drives any hints in that area would be really
appreciated. Or any suggestions on smaller capacity drives using an
autoloader.
Thanks for your help
Susanne