Re: [rdiff-backup-users] error messages on rdiff backup

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] error messages on rdiff backup
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 21:12:39 -0700

> I tried googleing for this, but Ive been having problems getting to
> the rdiff mailing list at: lists.gnu.org/archive/html/
> rdiff-backup-users/2005-04/msg00036.html.  My rdiff backups arent
> running. This is the error message that I have in my log files
> Unable to import module xattr.  EAs not supported on filesystem at
> /root Unable to import module posix1e from pylibacl package.  The
> command that is running from script is -- command nice rdiff-backup
> -v5 address@hidden::/root/ /backup1/linux/proxy/rdiff/root/.  Any ideas
> or suggestions of where I should start?

Hi, the development version of rdiff-backup will check to see if it
can enable EAs and ACLs by trying to import the appropriate modules.
If that doesn't work it produces the error messages you're seeing.
However, those messages should be recoverable---if it can't find the
modules it just goes on without EA/ACL support.

So it probably doesn't matter if you're seeing those messages.  If
you're rdiff-backup session is failing, it is probably failing for
another reason.