[rdiff-backup-users] librsync error 107 while in patch cycle

From: Clint Silvester
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] librsync error 107 while in patch cycle
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:13:57 -0700

Does anyone use cygwin with rdiff-backup? I'm trying to use it to backup our very large dataset. It takes 20 hours to backup the first time (over a gigabit connection), and it looks like the files come across just fine. The second run of these backups takes forever. I could see the first run taking a long time since it's copying huge amounts of data, but I thought since it's only going to be sending differences (or maybe that's what's wrong here) it should be much faster. In fact, it took less time to do the initial backup than it did for the second one. These errors make me think that there's still a problem with large files:

python: ERROR: (rs_job_iter) internal error: job made no progress [orig_in=129238, orig_out=65536, final_in=129238, final_out=65536]
UpdateError TWDOCS2001.adm librsync error 107 while in patch cycle

Like the 65536 is the highest number of blocks it can handle. I don't know if this may be something in librsync or rdiff-backup, so I'm sending to both lists.

I'm using version 0.9.7 of librsync, but I don't know if there is anything I need to do special to get it to compile with large file support in cygwin. Any suggestions?

Clint Silvester