Re: [rdiff-backup-users] CRC checksum and other "minor" errors

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] CRC checksum and other "minor" errors
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 09:00:22 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Paul Smith wrote:

> I'm frustrated with the fact that rdiff-backup will halt when it hits a CRC
> checksum error, most often due to a source file changing during its backup.

hmm do you have the backtrace?  i don't experience this problem myself --
in fact i have no problem with a fair amount of fs churn... see below.
this happens only on my root filesystem where i don't have LVM (for
simplicity) and so i can't use a snapshot to back it up.  on my other
partitions i use LVM snapshots to stablise the image for rdiff-backup...

if you have any filesystem or volume manager snapshot capability i'd look
into using it.

-dean

UpdateError var/account/pacct Updated mirror temp file
root/var/account/rdiff-backup.tmp.249 does not match source
UpdateError var/log/maillog Updated mirror temp file
root/var/log/rdiff-backup.tmp.297 does not match source
UpdateError var/log/messages Updated mirror temp file
root/var/log/rdiff-backup.tmp.301 does not match source
UpdateError var/log/ntpstats/peerstats Updated mirror temp file
root/var/log/ntpstats/rdiff-backup.tmp.326 does not match source
UpdateError var/log/ntpstats/peerstats.20050201 Updated mirror temp file
root/var/log/ntpstats/rdiff-backup.tmp.329 does not match source
UpdateError var/log/secure Updated mirror temp file
root/var/log/rdiff-backup.tmp.330 does not match source
UpdateError var/log/sysstat/sa01 Updated mirror temp file
root/var/log/sysstat/rdiff-backup.tmp.333 does not match source
UpdateError var/log/temperature Updated mirror temp file
root/var/log/rdiff-backup.tmp.338 does not match source
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/info/12/181620 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/info/19/179787 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/info/21/179950 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/info/4/179427 File changed from regular file before
signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/info/8/179385 File changed from regular file before
signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/info/8/179822 File changed from regular file before
signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/info/8/179960 File changed from regular file before
signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/mess/0/179446 File changed from regular file before
signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/mess/0/179469 File changed from regular file before
signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/mess/10/179272 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/mess/11/179273 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/mess/13/181552 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/mess/14/179276 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/mess/15/179323 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/mess/18/179234 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/mess/18/179326 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/mess/19/179304 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/mess/19/179856 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/mess/2/179425 File changed from regular file before
signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/mess/2/179908 File changed from regular file before
signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/mess/4/179312 File changed from regular file before
signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/mess/6/179705 File changed from regular file before
signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/mess/9/179271 File changed from regular file before
signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/remote/19/179856 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/remote/2/179425 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/remote/21/179398 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/remote/4/179795 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/remote/5/179934 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/remote/6/179820 File changed from regular file
before signature
UpdateError var/qmail/queue/remote/9/179271 File changed from regular file
before signature