Re: [rdiff-backup-users] anybody working on the librsync-1.0 version

From: Martin Pool
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] anybody working on the librsync-1.0 version
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 23:31:39 +1100

On  7 Nov 2004, Farkas Levente <address@hidden> wrote:

> >My 1.0 cleanup of librsync is not ready for use yet, so it would be
> >premature to rework rdiff-backup to use it.
>
> is the api are frozen? if so ot's possible to start work on it to be
> ready when librsync will ready.

Yes, the API is just about frozen, but I am not sure (and I haven't
persuaded Donovan) that this is really the right thing to do.

> >However, it would be a very good thing if everyone upgraded to librsync
> >0.9.7.
>
> is there any api changes or just a recompilation is required?

There are API changes; in particular a lot of the API has been removed
in an effort to simplify it.  In particular the only way to get input
into and out of the library is through a very simple form of callback.
I should check whether or not this will sit well with the Python
wrappers.  I'll post a link later.

--
Martin