Re: [rdiff-backup-users] raise ConnectionReadError

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] raise ConnectionReadError
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 13:37:50 +0100

Am Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:18:51 -0800 hat Ben Escoto <address@hidden>
geschrieben:

"address@hidden" <address@hidden>
wrote the following on Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:26:01 +0100

I just did a backup on that machine like
# rdiff-backup --exclude-filelist some-file / /backup/data
and it worked without problems.
So what's making troubles?

Looks like rdiff-backup is not starting on the remote side.  Probably
some problem with your remote schema.  For instance you didn't need to
escape the % inside '' with a \.

Oh, it does start on the remote side and works for quite some time as I
watched processes with top and logs with tail -f
But then it terminates with the error from my first post.

The same remote schema worked fine on another server just until recently
when I replaced that server with the current one though it was another
version as the old machine ran on woody and now I'm using the standard
installation from sarge. But that's no big difference it seems.

Old server: ii rdiff-backup 0.13.4-0.backp Backup program to use deltas for history New server: ii rdiff-backup 0.13.4-3 Backup program to use deltas for history

--manfred

--
http://glassdoc.org
http://glassdoc.de