[rdiff-backup-users] Re: excluding files via include list

From: abhi
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: excluding files via include list
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:40:07 +0530

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:39:20 +0100, Troels Arvin <address@hidden> wrote:
[snip]
> I know that the documentation talks about minuses in include lists, but I
> suggest that you stay away from them: I feel that they mix up the
> definition of an include list.
>
> I suggest an include list like:
> /home/
> /etc/
>
> - and then an rdiff-backup command that goes like:
> rdiff-backup --include-filelist includelist --exclude / \
>   address@hidden::/ hostname

that does not work (for me). i only get /home and /etc
"directory" archived. not the contents :)

my include list looks:
--
/home/username/
/etc/

then also tried:
--
/home/username/**
/etc/**

and
--
/home/
/home/username/

all dont work. jsut the directory gets archived!

i used the same command line you specified i.e. specify
the include list and using "--exclude /"

any other way?

abhi