[rdiff-backup-users] Large files

From: Ben
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Large files
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 14:41:15 +1000

Hello, I'm having trouble backing up files > 2gb. I can back up the
large file for the first time, but any subsequent attempts result in an
error. This is the error I get:

python: ERROR: (rs_file_copy_cb) seek failed: Invalid argument
python: ERROR: (rs_job_complete) patch job failed: IO error
UpdateError bigfile librsync error 100 while in patch cycle

At first I thought it might be a gzip issue, so I tried the following:

rdiff-backup --no-compression address@hidden::test test

But it failed with exactly the same error.
Both systems use reiserfs as the file system, rdiff-backup version
0.13.4 and python version 2.3.3. I have no idea what could be causing
this.