Re: [rdiff-backup-users] exceptions.AssertionError: problem (long, verb

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] exceptions.AssertionError: problem (long, verbose, detailed)
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 21:24:32 -0400

> I don't think I'm alone with this problem, or one similar to it.
> I've dug through much of the archives and seen several posts from
> people having similar problems, but I've not seen a good
> explanation/workaround.

I was lucky enough to see one of these errors myself, and fixed it in
CVS.  It happens when you restore a configuration like this:

dir1/dir1-2/dir1-2-1/reg1
dir1/dir1-2/reg2

where there are no regular files in dir1-2 before dir1-2-1, and the
user restoring is not root.

Sorry for the extremely long delay.  It was pretty hard to debug
though; I doubt I could have done it without being able to see the
problem on my side.  Even then it took several hours.

I'll release a new 0.12.x version soon with this update.