[rdiff-backup-users] $ estimate for win32 rdiff-backup

From: Matt Wilkie
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] $ estimate for win32 rdiff-backup
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:13:18 -0700

What would it cost to fund development rdiff-backup to the point where it could run, for production use, on Windows? How long will it take?

- Must run on 2k/XP/2003, prior versions would be cool but are not required
- rdiff-backup running under cygwin is okay, but a standalone version is preferred. - think about a graphical interface for setting up and scheduling jobs for stage two.

I need a number I can bring to meetings for discussion purposes. Funding is not available for this development right now, but it could be if I can convince my colleagues this is a worthwhile endeavour.

You can reply directly to me, to the mailing list, or call me at
(867) 667-8133.

regards,

--
matt wilkie