Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: rdiff-backup-users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 9

From: Dave Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: rdiff-backup-users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 9
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:34:10 +1100

Jason C. Leach wrote:

Thanks for the response. Why the recommendation of firewire over usb2?

In my experience, firewire is much less CPU dependent than usb2. In fact I think the usb2 spec is more cpu reliant. When you are busy trying to get rdiff-backup to do its thing, the last thing you need is the IO chewing all your CPU. I tried it with usb2 and it was so dodgy I gave up and went with firewire. I am not sure its just a linux thing... probably the usb2 spec

dave