[rdiff-backup-users] New to Rdiff - need help with some error messages

From: Chris Young
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] New to Rdiff - need help with some error messages
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:51:11 -0500

I am new to Rdiff-backup. I looked at the last error log and this is
what I found:

UpdateError
home/httpd/vhosts/hammockspecials.com/statistics/logs/access_log Updated
mirror temp file
/home/backup/ns1.synergydns.net/backup/home/httpd/vhosts/hammockspecials
.com/statistics/logs/rdiff-backup.tmp.412 does not match source
UpdateError
home/httpd/vhosts/miva3.synergydns.net/mivadata/Merchant2/00000002/baskl
ist.dbf Updated mirror temp file
/home/backup/ns1.synergydns.net/backup/home/httpd/vhosts/miva3.synergydn
s.net/mivadata/Merchant2/00000002/rdiff-backup.tmp.549 does not match
source
UpdateError
home/httpd/vhosts/packardwoodworks.com/statistics/logs/access_log
Updated mirror temp file
/home/backup/ns1.synergydns.net/backup/home/httpd/vhosts/packardwoodwork
s.com/statistics/logs/rdiff-backup.tmp.728 does not match source
UpdateError usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog Updated mirror temp file
/home/backup/ns1.synergydns.net/backup/usr/local/psa/var/log/rdiff-backu
p.tmp.1636 does not match source
UpdateError var/log/messages Updated mirror temp file
/home/backup/ns1.synergydns.net/backup/var/log/rdiff-backup.tmp.1725
does not match source
SpecialFileError var/run/fpcgisock Socket error: AF_UNIX path too long

Are the UpdateError messages where file does not match source likely
just from files that were changing during the backup? I notice that most
if not all are log files.

Also what is the SpecialFileError that mentions path too long?

I guess I don't want to worry about log files but I do want to back them
up.

I would like to eventually have critical errors emailed to me so I don't
have to dig through the error logs. Are there any specific error
messages I should watch out for?

Thanks.

Chris Young

Synergy Point