Re: [rdiff-backup-users] win32 error 126

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] win32 error 126
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:25:41 +1100 (EST)

Greg Freemyer said:
> Regardless:
> I never did figure out how to do much troubleshooting, but I did get
> everything compiled and linked without the cygwin dll(if that
> terminology makes sense).
>
> I used the command "python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32".

I did that and it generated a new gzip module.
that still didn't work, but I figured it out anyway - I needed cygz.dll.
I don't mind having to distribute the cygwin dlls as well as the
rdiff-backup stuff as long as there are no licensing issues. Does anyone
see a problem there?

it works now - I am going to trim it more and make a zip file.
then on to the installer.
and to figure out how to handle different versions and command line
options etc

dave