Re: [rdiff-backup-users] librsync: ERROR:

From: Robert Weber
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] librsync: ERROR:
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:57:31 -0700

The problem happens on files of all kinds, some have restrictive modes,
some don't.  Some are smaller, some are the same size, some are larger.
Files like /etc/shadow don't copy.  I have mailed the folks at librsync,
but I was able to run rdiff to delta an patch the files without a problem
so it may be how rdiff-backup is running rs_file_copy_cb, possibly with a
negitive pos value(or a pos value that is not of type off_t or long long).
Either way, can we get a switch in rdiff-backup that will just rcp the file
in this case?  My entire mirror(>4Tb) is useless now because of these
errors, and I am looking into doing the scp's by hand as a stop-gap.  This
problem may be elsewhere, but it appears to be a problem with solaris
clients.

--
2 3 5 7 B D 11 13 17 1D 1F 25 29 2B 2F 35 3B    Robert Weber
3D 43 47 49 4F 53 59 61 65 67 6B 6D 71 7F 83    UnixOps/ITS UCB