Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Restore Failure with 0.13.1

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Restore Failure with 0.13.1
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:43:45 -0800

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:24:39 -0600 "John Baker" <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am running rdiff-backup 0.13.1 and it's backing up nightly without
> failure.  However when I try to restore with
>
>  rdiff-backup -v 8  -r 10D /mnt/syncback/laser/m_drive/BURG
> /mnt/syncback/BURG
>
> I get this:
> Unable to import module xattr.  EAs not supported on filesystem at
> /mnt/syncback/laser/rdiff-backup-data/rdiff-backup.tmp.1
> Unable to import module posix1e from pylibacl package.
> ACLs not supported on filesystem at
> Fatal Error: Previous backup to /mnt/syncback/laser seems to have failed.
> Rerun rdiff-backup rdiff-with --check-destination-dir option to revert
> directory to state before unsuccessful session.
> Cleaning up
>
> As I said, the last (and other previous) backup sessions were successful.
> These files are windows files.  Do they need some sort of special handling
> for EA's?

Those EA/ACL messages are a normal part of rdiff-backup's
initialization for 0.13.x; it is just trying to figure out what
capabilities your system has.  Are you sure the last backup was
successful?  rdiff-backup seems to think the last backup failed.  If
you 'ls /mnt/syncback/laser/rdiff-backup-data/current_mirror*' you can
see what the last successful and failed backups are.

Also you should upgrade to 0.13.3 and/or 0.12.5.