Re: [rdiff-backup-users] regressing backup directory

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] regressing backup directory
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:26:43 -0700

  AM> Warning, metadata file has entry for
  AM> oldbeep/home/spooki/dbase/db_chroot/dev/null, but there are no
  AM> associated files.
  AM> 207, in can_fast_process AttributeError: RegressFile instance
  AM> has no attribute 'metadata_rorp'

  AM> Any ideas how to fix that?

Hmm, did this error occur "naturally" or did you mess with the mirror
directory somehow?  If it just happened, what was the error that
caused this?  Was it that unreadable file thing you reported earlier?

BTW, about that, the earlier fix only works on regular files, see

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/rdiff_backup/backup.py.diff?r1=1.16.2.2&r2=1.16.2.3

for similar but with unreadable directories.

  AM> ps. what's going on with rdiff-backup maintainter? vacations or
  AM> busy week? :)

Not really, I'm fine.  This general level of service is about all you
can expect ;-)