Re: [rdiff-backup-users] RFE - keep a certain number of increments

From: Alan
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] RFE - keep a certain number of increments
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:40:33 -0700

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 06:43:49PM -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> Why do I feel like VMS is right around the corner?
>
> Just joking, I like the idea.

 :)

> (and IIRC VMS had that feature 20 years ago, but it was for local same
> machine/directory backups only)

ObVMSMemories:
My only experience with VMS was taking my assembler course in university
in 1994 or 95, not long before the got rid of it totally (which is sad,
as it taught me more about how computers and programming work than any
classes since).  I don't remember much about the OS itself other than to
change directories you type "set [something something]" and there were a
lot of $'s involved.  Oh, and life was much easier after you wrote
aliases to convert 'cd foo' into the array of "set"s and "$"s required
to change a directory (such as I understand it at the time).

--
Alan <address@hidden> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain