Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Missing files after rdiff-backup

From: Stelios K. Kyriacou
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Missing files after rdiff-backup
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 07:10:11 -0400 (EDT)

>   WM> 3) (unrelated) I have a host of these errors when I run:
>
>   WM> UpdateError
>   WM> analysis/mathmod/intdata/R/paramecium/lme/weight/weight.r File
>   WM> changed from regular file before signature
>
>   WM> ...even though the timestamp on this file hasn't changed since a
>   WM> week before rdiff-backup was run.
>
> Not sure.  Are these errors from the second session that failed?  How
> did it fail?

I have not followed the thread but one possible reason if the files are on
a windows 2000 etc host is due to modification times in windows having a 2
second variation due to
"
The timestamp on fat/vfat systems is the actual time and date which
means that there was only 5 bits left for the seconds so it has a
granularity of 2 seconds.
"
(I got this from a news posting, look in google)

Stelios