Re: [rdiff-backup-users] HFS+ Resource Fork Patch

From: Andrew K. Bressen
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] HFS+ Resource Fork Patch
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 04:11:05 -0400

Ben Escoto <address@hidden> writes:
> not changed at all.  For this reason I think we'll move away from the
> current extended attribute system and compare files by ctime.  This
> will be more complicated though.

Can there be a way to force a full compare?
If some cracker messes up ctimes in order to cover their tracks,
unwinding could really suck; I'd like to know when the files actually
changed, not when the filesystem thinks they changed...

I don't suppose transmitting a hash would address the "don't want to
resend the whole rsrc fork" issue?

(And yeah, it was me that mentioned that the suid bits on increment files
were setting off security scripts)

  --akb