Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup crashes when attempting rmdir

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup crashes when attempting rmdir
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:46:05 -0700

  AK> rdiff-backup crashes repeatedly though not predictably in a
  AK> particular user's directory.  After --check-destination-dir
  AK> regresses, the same errors occur and I cannot update the
  AK> directory.  If I remove the destination directory and do
  AK> rdiff-backup fresh, it works, and even works for a few more
  AK> scheduled crons, but then crashes and cannot make a valid
  AK> backup.  It is always the rmdir error (see attatched), but
  AK> different directories.

Another user just reported this (in email).  At least in his case, the
problem seemed to have something to do with NFS, because it vanished
when he tried it locally.  NFS should be avoided for rdiff-backup
anyway if possible, because rdiff-backup is much faster if it is
running locally on both ends.

But I don't know what the issue is.  Could it be a problem in NFS?
Maybe certain operations occasionally happen out of order?