[rdiff-backup-users] Web frontend

From: Robert Coup
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Web frontend
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:33:10 +1200

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in developing or working on a web frontend for rdiff-backup. I know Bud Bruegger was talking about it in Nov last year - has there been any progress Bud? Or does anyone have a contact email for him that isn't @example.com :)

Initally, my goal would be for an easy way to browse and restore files from different increments. While interfacing with rdiff-backup via CLI would be acceptable, it may be better to write the interface in python and link them more intrinsically.

Ben - how easy would it be to retrieve lists of increments and the increment history of a specific file? I had a quick look through the code and (as per CLI) you've basically set it up to retrieve files as at time X...

Anyway, comments are appreciated, and of course if anyone is already working on an interface then I'd be more than happy to join you.

Thanks,
Rob :)