Re: re[2]: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff error on execution : "client zlib

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: re[2]: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff error on execution : "client zlib server none" message with "--no-compression" option.
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:14:21 -0700

  GF> Maybe Ben will know more, but if you can ssh from the Mac client
  GF> to your Linux server and do a remote "rdiff-backup --version", I
  GF> would think that your networking setup should be fine.

You are quite right; rdiff-backup just needs a bidirectional pipe from
one instance to the other.  It, like me, doesn't know anything about
networking or network administration.

So it is probably a problem with ssh, not rdiff-backup.  Make sure
that "ssh address@hidden" or "ssh -C address@hidden
rdiff-backup --server" works.