[rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup keepalive

From: David Kempe
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup keepalive
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 21:29:07 +1100

Hey,
yet another problem from me :)
The problem basically is that rdiff-backup never manages to finish a
connection it always times out. I suspect its something to do with the
network - however I don't really have control over the bit that matters (its
a serviced office). Is there a way to get rdiff-backup to just keep retrying
the connection if it times out - It always just seems to die and --resume
doesn't seem to work nicely anyway.
I do want to run these backups from cron, but keep going if it times out.

explanation:

I have a client who's linux box is behind another linux box which is
connected to the net via an ADSL connection.
So its a bit like this:

---------
|             |
| myBox |
|            |
---------

    |LAN

---------
|          |
| GW  |
|          |
---------
   \
   / ADSL
   \
   /

(hope that worked) - I don't have any control over GW only I know its a
Linux box running iptables.
The guys who admin the linux box GW are looking into the problem - but for
know is there a way I can keep it alive?

Thanks

David Kempe