[rdiff-backup-users] how can find a file in the backup?

From: Farkas Levente
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] how can find a file in the backup?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:40:09 +0100

hi,
we use rdiff-backup 11.4 nad our biggest problem that we can't find deleted files directories. suppose yesterday there was a file or directory which was deleted by someone. today I have to recover it from the backup. but he can't remember the exact name. i.e. "it was one of my mail folder called archive, but may be with capital A under some of my mail folder". so in this case howe can I find it? if the current active still not contain the directory or the file it's real hard to find it. is there any way to get a file list under a given directory?
i.e.
rdiff-backup -r 2D --list /mnt/backup/dir/
thanks in advance.
yours.