re[3]: [rdiff-backup-users] Still thinking about windows

From: Greg Freemyer
Subject: re[3]: [rdiff-backup-users] Still thinking about windows
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:48:38 -0500

Ben,

If you ever need a deployment solution, installer looks good.

Unfortunately, its cygwin support is currently broken.

===
Is there some way to tell which interpreter is in use?   i.e.
# uid and gid of the owner of the rdiff-backup process.  This can
# vary depending on the connection.
if win32 :
  process_uid = ???
  process_gid = ???
else
  process_uid = os.getuid()
  process_gid = os.getgid()

Do you suspect it would be feasible to port rdiff-backup to win32 native with a
few days work, or is it likely a huge undertaking?

Thanks
Greg
--
Greg Freemyer