Re: [rdiff-backup-users] librsync [Patially Solved ??]

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] librsync [Patially Solved ??]
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 22:22:48 -0800

  GF> Understanding the development state of librsync is quite
  GF> confusing.

It is currently in a transitional period. :-)

  GF> Is there a librsync mailing list?  Or is this the best place to
  GF> ask questions

  GF> ==== What I found: Per
  GF> http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=256348 the
  GF> librsync sourceforge project was just setup Thursday!!!

These lists you found are the right ones.  The samba stuff is old.

  GF> It (https://sourceforge.net/projects/librsync/) seems like it
  GF> has all the right players as developers, but it only has 0.9.5.
  GF> No mention of 0.9.5.1

0.9.5.1 is something I released independently of the librsync
project.  It is not an official version.

  GF> I found three inconsistently updated versions of librsync-0.9.5
  GF> floating around the web: There is the version on the
  GF> rdiff-backup site.  (This may be a June 27, 02 cvs snapshot??)
  GF> There is the current samba CVS version at
  GF> http://cvs.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ There is a version at
  GF> http://librsync.sourceforge.net/librsync-cvs.tar.gz (I think
  GF> this is just the cvs site tarred and gzipped)

Don't use 0.9.5, there are too many problems with it.  I have a
version of 0.9.5 on the rdiff-backup site?  Tell me where it is and I
will remove it.

  GF> I have gotten the sourceforge cvs version to compile on my SuSE
  GF> box via the below:

  GF> cvs co librsync (see the librsync site for specifics) cd
  GF> librsync ./autogen.sh ./configure make all make check make
  GF> install

The sourceforge cvs should be current.  Did you get a shared library
out of it?  If not you will probably have a harder time getting it to
work with rdiff-backup.