Re: [rdiff-backup-users] segmentation fault

From: Andrew Lare
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] segmentation fault
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:13:14 -0500

  AL> rdiff-backup 0.10.1 has been working like a charm until this
  AL> past weekend.  Now it proceeds normally more than halfway
  AL> through the backup then it crashes with a segmentation fault.  I
  AL> even upgraded to 0.10.2, but the same thing happens.  I am using
  AL> rdiff-backup on a RH Linux (8.0, 2.4.18-19) PC.  Any
  AL> suggestions?

Hmm, this isn't very much to go on.  Is there anything more you can
say?  Did anything change last weekend (other than rdiff-backup
breaking)?  It would be particularly nice if you can figure out how to
duplicate the error.  I have the same setup as you do and have not
experienced any segfault problems.

The only thing that was done was that the cvs packages were updated (RHSA-2003:012). It still segfaults, either as a cron job or command line.