Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Version 0.11.1 released

From: Alan
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Version 0.11.1 released
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:56:05 -0800

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 01:25:19AM -0800, Ben Escoto wrote:
> **Warning** Various features have been removed from this version, so
> this is not a safe upgrade.  Also this version has less error

Yay!  Great to hear... I just got caught with having to restore all the
perms on /var/mail and /var/spool when my raid array when bye bye, so
this is a much anticipated feature :)

One quick question though, is it safe to upgrade both rdiff-backup and
continue backing up data to the same place?  IE: will it write the
metadata for the new and old data properly, or should I re-start the
backup tree from scratch?

Regards and thanks for the great program.

alan

--
Alan <address@hidden> - http://arcterex.net
"The only thing that experience teaches us is that experience teaches