Re: [rdiff-backup-users] issues moving the backing store

From: Dave Steinberg
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] issues moving the backing store
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:37:43 -0500

Thats a good point, I hadn't thought of that.  Although, I still wonder why
simply doing a 'mv' on a fresh backing store would cause problems.

I'm skeptical because the data isn't sparc or sparc64 specific.  Its data
from an i386 machine thats getting stored directly.  After all, rdiff-backup
doesn't actually attempt to read the contents of my backups, does it?

Yes, on the ultra 5 OpenBSD is 64-bit (its the sparc64 port).

Maybe I should just invest in a small cheap i386 box with big disks.  I just
hate to see a perfectly good Sun go to waste.

--
Dave Steinberg