Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Errno 88 backing up to cygwin

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Errno 88 backing up to cygwin
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:58:40 -0700

Here is what I mailed Keith Edmunds, in case anyone else has the same
problem:

From: Ben Escoto <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:00:55 -0700

  KE> Ben Sorry to approach you directly, but do you have any idea
  KE> what is causing this (which appears to be a 'Function not
  KE> implemented' exception: client being backed up is Linux, server
  KE> is Win2K with cygwin).

It looks like rdiff-backup is trying to replicate a fifo on the cygwin
side, and failing because those are not supported under windows.  It
might be easiest to upgrade to the development version (0.11.0) where
the --windows-mode switch implies the --exclude-special-files switch,
which excludes fifos, sockets, and device files.  Version 0.10.x
should still work as long as you don't try to copy special files
over.