Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Overflow Error??

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Overflow Error??
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 01:02:54 -0700

  JW> I'm sorry but as far as i can tell no related information is
  JW> output to my log files /var/log/*.  Also the file backup.log is
  JW> empty. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place?  Are there any
  JW> other things I can try?

I think you're looking in the right place - any logging would be in
backup.log.  Perhaps rdiff-backup on the remote side exited before it
could start the logging stuff.

    One thing you could do is look at the standard error from the
remote process.  By default ssh will redirect stdout and stderr, so
you can see the traceback and why the remote process exited.

  JW> I don't know much about python, but could this possibly be
  JW> related to the fact that the sparc and the intel machines have
  JW> different word sizes etc??

Maybe, but I think it's probably something else.