Re: [RP] patch to README

From: Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas
Subject: Re: [RP] patch to README
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 10:07:46 +0200

Jeff Abrahamson <address@hidden> writes:

> On 21 April 2014 21:55, Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Jeff Abrahamson <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > I didn't find instructions on how you'd like patches.  Let me know if
>> you'd
>> > rather something else.
>>
>> Almost any submission method is fine, as long as it's not a github pull
>> request. :)
>

> ;-)
>
> Why do you not like git pull requests?  It seems to make contribution scale
> much better than patches or (worse) patch + edit by maintainers.

This is ratpoison, which is "mostly done" since years, we are talking
about maybe 5 patches a month. :)

>  Or is it
> git*hub* pull requests that particularly annoy you?

Given that I don't have an account there and that I don't think it would
help me save time dealing with ratpoison, yes.

> Is the savannah git repository not the authoritative code repository?

It is.

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE