Re: [RP] fullscreen mode programs

From: Trent Buck
Subject: Re: [RP] fullscreen mode programs
Date: Sat Jun 19 01:47:03 2004

Quoth Kevin Geiss on or about 2004-06-18:

> I like to use gqview to look at images. gqview has a full screen
> mode. just hit v, and it scales the image to fit the whole screen. except
> when I run it in ratpoison, in which case it just flashes once and
> doesn't go to full screen. (when not in full screen mode it shows a list
> of thumbnails on the left-hand side of the screen)

It sounds like gqview is trying to use the whole screen and RP won't let it.
You can probably get the same effect by doing
 rp -c fdump -c only > .rp-fdump
and
 rp -c 'frestore .rp-fdump'
to get the frameset back.

I use xzgv.  It has an `almost' full-screen (~2px border).  Being
based on the console/SVGA-based zgv, the keyboard support is
excellent.

-trent
--
I'm not afraid of flying.
I'm afraid of being 35,000 feet up and suddenly *not* flying.