Re: [RP] disabling an apps ability to steal/request input focus

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [RP] disabling an apps ability to steal/request input focus
Date: Wed Jun 9 21:43:04 2004

   Thanks for the helpful comments.

   > * mouse emulation (S-numlock to enable)?

   <sigh>  I'm having trouble doing this on my kinesis b/c it
   requires the keypad to be enabled, and shift doesn't play well
   with this, nor remapping.  Anyway ....

If you have one of the progammable models you can use the onboard
remapping features to move shift keys around (if that's what you are
looking to do).  I'd also assume you can use xmodmap to move numlock
to the first tier for some keycode (e.g. perhaps the one that's
currently attached to F8 or somethin' like that), so you won't need
to enable the keypad to send that keysym.

   Heh ... I agree, this *only* happens to me as a result of browsing:
       http://news.google.com

I recommend the lite version of google news:

http://news.google.com/news/en/us/mainlite.html

(Looks fine in Lynx too!)

Joe