Re: [RP] Bug with rdesktop, and programs wanting Ctrl-T

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] Bug with rdesktop, and programs wanting Ctrl-T
Date: Tue Apr 22 23:36:09 2003

Casey Allen Shobe <address@hidden> writes:

> Oops, thanks.  It's been a long time since I've actually used screen.
>
> C-t,t passes a C-t to the application in rdesktop, but rdesktop still thinks
> the Ctrl-key is depressed after I'm done.
>
> Sooo, only one problem, not two :)
>
> - Casey

Hi Casey,

These issues with key release events have caused problems in the
past. It's a bit of a difficult one to fix. I'm sooort of inclined to
call it a bug in XNest. Take this for an example:

You are in a standard WM that uses the mouse to switch windows. You
are in XNest and you press CTRL, then click another window which
shifts the focus, then release. The window that now has focus gets the
ctrl release event not Xnest and now you have the same problem. While
I haven't *actually* done this, I imagine this is what would
happen. If it does happen, it seems to me that Xnest is buggy. What do
you think?

Shawn