[RP] stupid? (v)split screen trick (idea)

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: [RP] stupid? (v)split screen trick (idea)
Date: Fri Apr 11 15:59:04 2003

Hi,

I was thinking it would be kind of neat to have 2 rxvt frames next to each
other, set up so that the frame A just displayed the last N+1 through 2N
lines from frame B (N is equal to number of rows of text displayed on the
screen).  Ideally this would be set up so that if you were scrolling up or
down in e.g. more or what have you, the text would change in frame A
appropriately, so you'd always have 2 pages onscreen at once.  For Emacs,
even better would be if you could also lock the scroll (Scroll_lock?) and
move your cursor seamlessly out of frame B and into frame A.  Maybe this
already exists outside of ratpoison, could be used as a plug-in? Anyway it
seems like a very ratpoisony idea, so thought I'd mention it.

Joe