Re: [RP] Dead keys don't seem to work in Ratpoison

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [RP] Dead keys don't seem to work in Ratpoison
Date: Thu Oct 17 05:16:06 2002

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 10:05:13AM +0000, Simon White wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have just pulled down ratpoison and it's pretty good for my
> requirements. However, I need to be able to input French accented
> characters, and I can't do it.
>
> In KDE, with xterm, it works
> In a regular runlevel 3 console, it works
>
> But *not* in ratpoison.
>
> Can anyone help me out please?

this has nothing to do with ratpoison, it's an X config question. open
up /etc/X11/XF86Config and add/change the line:

    Option "XkbLayout"  "dvorak"

in the Section "InputDevice". in your case, it probably says something
other than "dvorak". change it to a keyboard map that has dead keys,
eg us_intl. you can probably put the same keyboard map there as you
select in KDE.

HTH

--
Joost Kremers