Re: [RP] Using 'Window' key as prefix

From: Christian Gennerat
Subject: Re: [RP] Using 'Window' key as prefix
Date: Wed Oct 16 12:46:01 2002

Stephane Chauveau wrote:

Hi,

I am trying ratpoison and I find it quite interesting but there is something I do not really like: the C-t prefix. My previous window manager was configured to use 'Windows' key for all window manager shortcuts. In XFree86, the Window keys
are mapped to the Super (or Hyper) modifier.

So for eample, instead of the shortcut "C-t ?" , I would like to have "Super-?". I tried to remap the prefix with the escape command but Super is not recognized as a valid key. Even if it was, I guess that it would not work properly since I do
not want Super to act as a prefix but as a modifier.

I use the key "Menu" (the 2nd 'Window' key) prefix
and define all the shortcuts that can be used with one finger
http://libxg.free.fr/config/.ratpoisonrc