[RP] status update

From: Ryan Yeske
Subject: [RP] status update
Date: 01 Mar 2001 22:08:33 -0800

I replaced all of the calls to malloc and realloc to xmalloc and
xrealloc, respectively.  The x*alloc wrappers were always in sbuf.c
but weren't used anywhere but in that file.  They are straight from
the glibc manual and simply wrap up the allocation call with a check
which results in a fatal error and an exit.  Therefore all of the post
*alloc tests in the code have been removed.  This has reduced the
binary size by a few hundred bytes :)

I removed all of the visible FIXME: messages that popped up in the
message bar with more meaningful messages.

The startup has been changed slightly.  We first check for
~/.ratpoisonrc, and if that isn't there, we check for
/etc/ratpoisonrc.  The :source command now opens the file and reports
an error if it cannot do so.

I fixed a few typos and other things in ratpoison.texi; I believe that
is in line with the current code now.  I think the man pages still
needs some updating.  Other than that, I think we are ready to go.

Ryan