ranger-users

Re: [Ranger-users] Adding file type to colorization

From: flyingrhino
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Adding file type to colorization
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 09:52:45 +1200

On Tue, 21 May 2019 12:06:28 +0200
address@hidden wrote:

> flyingrhino,
>
> There’s an explanation in this file of how to do this in the future:
> https://github.com/ranger/ranger/blob/master/ranger/data/mime.types
> <https://github.com/ranger/ranger/blob/master/ranger/data/mime.types>
> Feel free to submit PRs extending this file though, that way all ranger users
> can benefit.
> I’ve merged this addition already because it seems sensible.
>
> Have a nice day!

Thanks for the reply. This now works for me.
For completeness of the answer, and to help in future those searching for
answers in the mail archives -

On Linux Mint 17.3 the mime types are stored here: /etc/mime.types   .
  It is missing the .ape file type.
In ranger the file we edit to add the custom mime types is stored here:
/etc/ranger/data/mime.types  .
  It can be edited to include custom file types.