ranger-users

Re: [Ranger-users] MC user really wanting to become a Ranger user

From: Wojciech Siewierski
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] MC user really wanting to become a Ranger user
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 10:02:19 +0200

On 08.06.2017 07:13, Ingo Lindholm wrote:

Am 08.06.2017 um 04:33 schrieb Russell Urquhart <address@hidden>:

is there a way to, for example, tag all *.png files?

Hello Russel,

type zf to setup a filter an enter png$ as regular _expression_.
Select all filtered files with the v key.
To reset the filter, use the zf keys without a _expression_.

Regards
Ingo
Hello,

There is also :mark, which works in the same manner as zf (:filter) but does all of it in a single step. Actually both :mark and :filter are aliases to the :scout command with various flags, so if you might want to fine tune their behavior, change the flags in these aliases in your rc.conf. More details should be available in the manpage.

On the side note, what you call "tagging" is called "marking" in ranger, while "tagging" is an entirely different thing. And then we have bookmarks, also called marks sometimes but they are sufficiently distinct to not confuse new users. At least as far as I know. I'm just pointing it out to avoid the confusion in future.

Regards
--
Wojciech 'vifon' Siewierski