ranger-users

Re: [Ranger-users] Thorough tutorial

From: Jan Knížek
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Thorough tutorial
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 12:17:25 +0200

Well, I have learnt (and still doing) it from a cheatsheet: http://ranger.nongnu.org/cheatsheet.png

I usually look at the bindings in the cheatsheet and if I find one, that I am not sure what it is for, I just try to press it in Ranger. Also, press ? in ranger and then c for commands. That's probably all you need. Unfortunately, not all commands are documented - this should be done.

OK, wiki may be improved.

* You're right. Tagging files needs some improvements (AFAIK, you can't use tagged files directly in ranger commands, but list of files is available in global variable %t, so you can do something like: `:shell cp %t directory` or even `:delete %t`. I don't know how to add tagged files to the buffer).

* Is there anything more you're missing? I can't think of anything.

Regards,

knezi