ranger-users

Re: [Ranger-users] assorted ranger questions

From: Hut
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] assorted ranger questions
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 12:55:46 +0100

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 08:10:19AM +0200, Xebar Saram wrote:
> hya all
>
> few question i have if you guys dont mind:
>
> -how does enter a return in a console command, for example
>
> /home/zeltak/Downloads
>
> map eg  chain tab_open 4; cd /home/zeltak/bin/
>
> this works but the last step needs a manual RETURN to switch to the
> directory. i tried a vim like <CR> but that didnt work

For me, your "eg" binding works perfectly fine without a final enter
press.

If you use a key binding that uses the "console" command, it opens the
console instead of executing the command right away.  *Then* you need to
press enter aftewards.  Usually, the solution to this is to remove the
word "console" from your key binding.

> - is there a way to add mod time and file types columns alongside the size
> column on the right of ranger?
>
> - is there a way to save "sessions", ie all the tabs currently open?
>
> -is there a way to lock tabs? lock to certain dir, disallow close tab etc?

Sadly the answer to these questions is no.

Regards,
hut