quilt-dev

[Quilt-dev] Can Quilt patch be created after file edits (say from svn di

From: Harippriya Sivapatham
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Can Quilt patch be created after file edits (say from svn diff)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 03:23:46 -0600

Hi,

I am evaluating Quilt to manage the patches that we occasionally create for specific customer issues. It appears that a file must be added to quilt patch before it is edited. I am afraid that some developer might forget this quilt step and simply go ahead and make his changes, which would result in incomplete patches. It looks like all developers in our team must learn this new discipline. Is there a way around this? I can think of manual ways to make sure that the patch file is complete, but I am looking for an automated solution. Something like 'make all the changes, create an svn diff and then create the quilt patch based on that diff'? Some way to make it fool proof would help.

Thanks!

Hari