quilt-dev

[Quilt-dev] quilt refresh on now-empty patch leaves patch intact

From: Randy Dunlap
Subject: [Quilt-dev] quilt refresh on now-empty patch leaves patch intact
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 16:16:57 -0800

(quilt version 0.47; fixed in CVS?)

When I edit a file and do 'quilt ref; quilt head -e', I get a patch
file generated, of course.  Then if I undo/reverse those edits and do
'quilt ref', quilt says:

Nothing in patch <filename>

but the patch file is not updated and the header (description) is not
updated ('quilt head' shows the old diffstat and description).

Oversight or intended?

Thanks,
~Randy