quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt refresh after quilt edit?

From: Solofo . Ramangalahy
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt refresh after quilt edit?
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 22:10:01 +0200

Hi Josh,

Josh Boyer writes:
 > > In which case is a "quilt refresh" *not* desirable after a "quilt edit"?
 > > Anything wrong with making an option to "edit" that does the refresh?
 >
 > That would be a little hard to do.  quilt edit will just make sure the
 > file is added to the current patch before opening it in your editor of
 > choice.  You need to do the quilt refresh after you have done your
 > edits.  Which is why you need to do it by hand.  Quilt can't really
 > read minds to figure out when a refresh should be done.

I am leaving the editor when I have done my edits (and calling "quilt
edit" with a single file).

A check could be done at the end of the edit command to see if a refresh
is needed or an attempt to refresh even if it is unneeded (that is
what is done optionally in the patch). I think this is safe to do.

--
solofo