quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] new patch series

From: Matt Helsley
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] new patch series
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 23:53:04 -0700

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 11:28 +0200, Andre Haupt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How can i create a second series of patches with quilt?
> The situation is as follows. I finished work on a series of patches and
> want to start a new series of patches, which is unrelated to the first
> one. Do i have to manually clean up the series file and the .pc and
> patches directory, or is there any quilt command i am missing?
>

> regards,
>
> Andre

I've generally just done this hack(assuming the series of patches is in
the "patches" directory):

quilt pop -a
mv patches series-1
mkdir patches
touch patches/series
quilt setup -P patches patches/series
quilt new start-series-2

Of course the "quilt pop -a" may not succeed in popping all of the
patches if you've accidentally forgotten a refresh.

If you do this often enough you can make an empty series, back it up,
and replace the mkdir, touch, and quilt setup with a simple cp -r.
Though this is a gross hack...

Or you could add a new command to your /usr/share/quilt which
essentially does the equivalent of the above steps (using appropriate
quilt-internal variables etc).

Cheers,
        -Matt Helsley