quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] must be a user problem?

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] must be a user problem?
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 22:09:21 +0100

Hi Randy,

> I have a new file to add to the kernel tree.
> (...)
> > qp new ata_acpi.patch
> Patch ata_acpi.patch is now on top
>
> > qp add drivers/scsi/ata_acpi.c
> File drivers/scsi/ata_acpi.c added to patch ata_acpi.patch
>
> then I cp ata_acpi.c (the new file) to ./drivers/scsi/ata_acpi.c
> (...)
> > qp ref
> Nothing in patch ata_acpi.patch
>
> Why does 'ref' find nothing?

This would happen if drivers/scsi/ata_acpi.c is empty. Quilt cannot add
empty files, because this operation cannot be stored as a patch file.

> and how should I be adding this new file?

You're doing the right thing. I just tested on both quilt 0.42 and CVS
and it works as intended for me - as long as the file I add is not
empty.

If you confirm that your file isn't empty and it still doesn't work,
please provide the output of "quilt --trace refresh".

--
Jean Delvare