quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Using quilt on OS X 10.4.x

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Using quilt on OS X 10.4.x
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:34:24 +0000

Seth Falcon wrote:
Hello,

Hello Seth,

I think that quilt might be just the thing for me to track patches
against a project that I do not have commit rights to that uses svn.

I'm running OS X 10.4 with a number of fink packages installed and
haven't yet been able to get quilt working.

Q1: Can anyone confirm that quilt will work on OS X 10.4

Yep, been using it for a few months now.

My first attempt gave me a quilt that complained about bad date format.
My date command was not gnu, but shouldn't the configure script have
told me this?

It still needs help with --with-date=..., --with-find=... and others.

After installing coreutils to get a better date command, I get no
overt complaints, but when I pop a patch, I don't see any message
about "Restoring .." any of the changed files.  The result is that if
I create a patch, edit a file, refresh, and then pop, the modified
file remains modified.

I use darwinports rather than fink, but that shouldn't make too much
difference.

The example1.test fails I think for this reason.

So... If I can provide more detailed info, please let me know.

You need this patch:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/quilt-dev/2005-09/msg00282.html

If you go through the thread that message appears in, you might
find the other patches I posted in that series to be useful for OSX
too...

Cheers,
        Gary.
--